Cardiovascular Disease Health Policy
After a two year wait the Irish Heart Foundation welcomes the publication of the new National Cardiovascular Health policy - Changing Cardiovascular Health which includes stroke for the first time.
The management of cardiovascular disease covers all aspects of health care from childhood through to old age; from pre-hospital emergency care, to rehabilitation and palliative care.
The report is set out along the following lines:
• Burden of cardiovascular disease and recent trends
• Prevention and health promotion
• Primary care
• Hospital and emergency care services
• Rehabilitation and continuing care
• Workforce planning
• Framework for quality in cardiovascular health.
The report provides a blueprint for the delivery of world class stroke services in Ireland which will help end avoidable death and disability from stroke. Funding must now be allocated to the implementation of this policy.
- Stroke Forum
- The Call to Action
- F.A.S.T. Campaign
- Learn About Stroke
- Media Centre
- Stroke Support
- Survivor Stories
- Stroke Manifesto
- About IHF & Stroke in Ireland
- Stroke Helpline
- Stroke Action's Links
- Contact Us
- Site Map
- Release of 2015 Stroke Audit
- Irish Heart Foundation Stroke Survivor's Conference 2016
- Launch of Dun Laoghaire Stroke Support Group